Wednesday, September 26, 2018

First Time in KLHC

So what happened today was that Shermal got a call from pihak atasan, then came back with a list of printing materials with 280+ stuff on it. He threw the whole list to Yew Xian. Yew Xian was supposed to go to Shah Alam High Court with Grace as they were going to arrange some items there. But since Shermal is throwing his whole workload unto Yew Xian, he can't go. So I said perhaps I can help out.  

Then 11.30am came, Grace and I went down to 6th floor, and we saw my master Mr Toi. And he was like, "where are you going Yin Chien?" and I was like shit I forgot to ask my master's permission before I go. So I told him I'm going to SAHC to help Grace arrange some files for the trial tomorrow. And he was like, "Oh, I was thinking of asking you to go court with me this afternoon at 2pm." And so I tried to find a replacement for myself but failed. So in the end Grace went alone, and I went to KLHC with Mr Toi. I feel super bad for Grace for having to do this alone. 

The matter today was a hearing of an interlocutory injunction of GDSP. Basically the dispute between Datuk Lim Chee Wah suing on behalf of his late mother and the 2nd grandchild of the eldest son of Lim Goh Tong, Benjamin Lim, who was given 75% shares for free from his late grandpa. 

So what happened was BL kicked his grandma off the BOD, and is now trying to sell of 29/40 plots of land around Genting that belonged to the family company. What we were trying to argue is that there is a family arrangement that gives rise to quasi partnership, and the lands have special value to the family and damages is not an adequate remedy as the location and circumstances surrounding those lands are unique. 

The other side, represented by Izral & Partnership, were basically saying that LCW has no locus to sue as his late mother's POA did not give him such authority. And in any case, LCW cannot make an affidavit based on what is personal to his mother as it wouldn't have been in his knowledge. 

It's definitely an eye-opening experience. And I'm really grateful that my master was willing to let me tag along to KLHC.

When we got back to the office, the bag that I borrowed from Iris got accidentally locked. And she didn't know her own password. We were dismayed but obviously the problem has to be solved cos Iris is having a court case tomorrow. So me and Michael tried the number combinations one by one (1000 combinations) but it still wouldn't open. Then everyone gave up and were resolved to get one of the Abangs to cut it open the next day. I really felt super bad at this point of time. 

Then I went back down, tried all the numbers again from 1-1-0. And when I reached 1-1-8, it suddenly clicked open! Imagine my excitement! Everybody was saying I should go buy toto hahaha. So problem solved, and the bag was reset to 0-0-0.

I owe Iris a meal for giving her a heart attack! XD

It was an eventful day, but thank God it ended on a positive note.

No comments: